Monday, February 2, 2015

goodbye california!

it hasn't quite hit me yet that i have officially said goodbye to my beloved home state, but when your sitting in a resort surrounded by the most beautiful dessert and mountains, it's easy to be distracted.

while feeling so very peaceful and serene in our weird hippy tuscon compound....i mean resort and spa...you'd never guess i was basically on the verge of tears and punching you in the face if you were ever to say to me, "you have so much to do!" just three days ago...

well, i did it, with the help of my best friend sums and my parents we fit all the necessities of life into our nissan altima (nix the table and chair...who cares we can eat on the floor, picnic everyday all day!) kitchen needs were easy and so were other random household things...but my clothes....sadly there are still a closet full left behind to be shipped to me at a later date (i'll be back for you!!!!) along with two very large bags of shoes to keep them company. sigh, thanks sums for holding up three dresses and forcing me to rid of one and same with shoes....you'd be surprised how many pairs of brown shoes a girl could have.

enough about my shrunken closet, look at this car!!!




first stop was viva las vegas!!! okay, okay...lake las vegas. actually, a resort in lake las vegas.

and if that wasn't enough, here is the view from our room
I got to see my dad while in lake las vegas, he happened to be in town from hawaii (rough life dad!) and so we all had dinner together.

My stepdad wanted to be up and out by 8 am and well, anyone who knows me knows 8 am is not my finest hour of the day and so by the discretion of my mom he brought up coffee right when I had to get up (what. a. saint.) after a walk around the resort property and a golf course tour and quick lesson we were off to the grand canyon.


No comments:

Post a Comment