Tuesday, February 3, 2015

the roadtrip: part 2


I think one of the most demoralizing things is driving for hours and hours and still being in the same state, that’s what Arizona felt like (guess I shouldn’t complain until texas).


We started the day with a little walk around our resort and breakfast at this really yummy place called “the good egg” (if you ever find yourself in Tucson now you know where to grab breakfast!) and this is how much coffee I had…




We we’re off to new mexico and then into the beginning part of texas. The view for the whole drive is one big same thing for about ever. Seriously, I couldn’t tell the difference between the states. And whoever lives out there in the middle of nowhere, you’re weird, I’m sorry.

But you know what they do have out in the middle of no where?





THE THING???




What in the halibut is the thing you ask?

It’s this guy.



You’re welcome for that beautiful sight.

Fun stop. Road trip must. Weird little quirky museum with even weirder artifacts (that i'm convinced we're found out in the middle of this crazy desert and thrown in this place). But that’s what you do while seeing rock after rock, you stop and look at places called “the thing.” And you pay a dollar to do so while your car gets filled up since you learned from the other day not to risk your gas supply.

Lunch in new mexico ended talking to this guy.




He bikes across the country to raise money and awareness and why you should adopt pets and avoid puppy mills. AMEN. Shelter dogs are the best. This is his dog amy and she has gone with him across country like this four times, this was his 12th time. I didn’t get his name though….obviously the dog was more important.

So far, I think im going to like the nomad life, meeting people like amy’s owner make it fun and interesting. Everyone has a story and everyone is going somewhere, that’s why the airport is the best for people watching, I like to make up little stories in my head for them, I’ve found myself doing that for the people we pass on the road, but I’m sure their real story is so much more interesting.

Wish I had more to write, but I think you’d throw the rocks at me if I kept telling you about each on and how they look like dogs or giraffe horns…

No comments:

Post a Comment